Honda launch 2018 Gold Wing
Honda revealed 2018 Gold Wing at special event at Santa Barbara, California’s MOXI Museum of Exploration & Innovation. It’s a touring bike & it’s sale in three different variant that price is Gold Wing Tour: $26,700 – $27,200, Gold Wing Tour DCT: $27,700 – $28,200 & Gold Wing Tour DCT Airbag: $31,500.
Honda Gold Wing 2018 powered by 1833cc horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine with liquid-cooled technology. Gold Wing Tour available with six-speed manual transmission while Gold Wing Tour DCT got next-generation seven-speed automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), which includes forward/reverse Walking Mode. Also, engine is 6.2kg lighter & it’s fuel capacity is 21 litres.
Honda Gold Wing 2018 has double-wishbone front-suspension system & Showa shock absorbers front and rear. The Pro-Link rear-suspension configuration with progressive reaction plus you electrically adjusted suspension damping & preload.
It’s brake also upgraded via radially mounted front calipers & larger, 320mm rotors. Honda Gold Wing 2018 front & rear wheels got ABS . You can choose 4 riding mode – Tour, Sport, Econ & Rain.
Honda Gold Wing 2018 feature is throttle-by-wire system, Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), Hill Start Assist & a finely tuned cruise-control system. Honda tour bike sports 7-inch full-color Thin Film Transistor liquid-crystal display & equipped with Apple CarPlay.
Honda put new small windscreen that electrically adjustable. Honda say “LED technology is used throughout, with the multiple-lens front lights forming the new “wing lines” of this latest advanced performance touring model, and the LED turn signals having a convenient auto-canceling feature. A user-friendly luggage system bolsters on-road convenience while also contributing to the vehicle’s compact dimensions, sporty appearance, and lighter weight. Each saddlebag holds 30 liters, while the top case has a 50 liter capacity, and high-quality lid dampers are used throughout.”
Here are some key update that share by Honda –
- Lighter overall package results in improved handling and maneuverability
- More compact, lighter engine with four-valve head and Unicam valve train
- Available seven-speed DCT with Walking Mode forward/reverse
- Six-speed manual transmission
- Robotically welded aluminum twin-tube frame with revised plate thicknesses
- Radially mounted six-piston dual front braking calipers
- Double-wishbone front-suspension system
- Electrically controlled suspension
- Throttle-by-wire with multiple riding modes
- Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC)
- Hill Start Assist
- Smart Key
- Apple CarPlay compatibility
- LED lighting
- Updated design with 11.8 percent improved aerodynamic efficiency
- Electric windscreen adjustment
Honda Gold Wing Tour & Tour DTC sale in Candy Ardent Red, Pearl White & Pearl Hawkseye Blue while Tour DTC Airbage sale in Candy Ardent Red/Black.
If you want to know more then click the link below & please give reaction, share this post & join us on social media.